What is the problem

camry2013

I have a 2013 camry that I bought last year in summer. My car has many issues but my main one is the need to warm it up. I noticed the problem last winter and now it is starting to comeback.I do wam it up for like 10 -15 minutes, otherwise, it will drive slowly or even not move at all. I make sure to change engine oil on time. Does anyone have an idea for it could be the reason?

*More about my car in case it has anything to do with warm up issue. When I drive it makes noises as if the tires are worn out but it is very clear to me that the noise comes from under the hood or even beneath the car. I changed all tires with new ones and with alignment but that didn't help to remove the noise. It mostly happens when I start speeding up and sounds as if metal parts are rusty. Last year the car was flooded with water from the sunroof and carpet was wet.

Please help

Hi Camry2013,

I am NOT a professional mechanic, but I do enjoy tinkering on cars.  I guess a Shadetree Mechanic.  The sound your describing while driving might be a wheel bearing.  YouTube some "bad wheel bearing" videos to hear if the sound matches.      As far as the warm-up issue, I had an old Dodge (1954) with an automatic transmission, and I would have to warm it up the same way or it wouldn't engage into drive or reverse.  Sounds like it might be a transmission fluid issue or something with pressure in the transmission.  Maybe the transmission needs a filter and fluid change since you seem to keep up with the engine oil.  How many miles on her since a 2013 is relatively new, and Camry's are usually good runners.  Changing the transmission filter and fluid is a regular maintenance thing, so it might be a good idea to do it if it's never been done.  Mine is a 1999 with only 39,000 miles so I got lucky.

Let me know how it goes.  Good luck!