Braking Issue

swic

2008 FJ 108,056 miles on the dash. Purchased from Toyota dealer a few months ago. Service records show they replaced 4 new tires, both front rotors, new brakes and new OEM calipers and a wheel alignment. If I let go of the steering wheel while driving it steers straight as an arrow. When braking the FJ would steer/pull to the right badly. I them noticed brake fluid dripping on the wheel on the driver side while parked in my driveway. When I showed up at my local mechanic he told me the caliper was bad and needed to be replaced. I them contacted the dealer I purchased from and explained this to them. They asked me to bring it back to them so they could check it out. As it turns out the caliper was bad, they replace the caliper at no charge and no more leak. Then this happened! I was driving along the highway at about 55/60 MPH. I suddenly had to slam on the brakes, well to my surprise! the FJ went out of control... steering/shifting to the left and right, when I counter steered to gained control, I thought the truck was going to flip over.. it jerked left and right and screeched. luckily I gained control and didn't crash, my heart was beating out of my chest. I them had my mechanic double check the suspension and it check out ok. Still when I brake the FJ pulls to the right. Any ideas as to why this may have happened? drives smooth no rattles at all. I have hundreds of thousand of miles of driving experience, never did this happen before.

15 hours ago, swic said:

2008 FJ 108,056 miles on the dash. Purchased from Toyota dealer a few months ago. Service records show they replaced 4 new tires, both front rotors, new brakes and new OEM calipers and a wheel alignment. If I let go of the steering wheel while driving it steers straight as an arrow. When braking the FJ would steer/pull to the right badly. I them noticed brake fluid dripping on the wheel on the driver side while parked in my driveway. When I showed up at my local mechanic he told me the caliper was bad and needed to be replaced. I them contacted the dealer I purchased from and explained this to them. They asked me to bring it back to them so they could check it out. As it turns out the caliper was bad, they replace the caliper at no charge and no more leak. Then this happened! I was driving along the highway at about 55/60 MPH. I suddenly had to slam on the brakes, well to my surprise! the FJ went out of control... steering/shifting to the left and right, when I counter steered to gained control, I thought the truck was going to flip over.. it jerked left and right and screeched. luckily I gained control and didn't crash, my heart was beating out of my chest. I them had my mechanic double check the suspension and it check out ok. Still when I brake the FJ pulls to the right. Any ideas as to why this may have happened? drives smooth no rattles at all. I have hundreds of thousand of miles of driving experience, never did this happen before.

It sounds like you need to return the truck to the dealer straight away as they need to deal with this issue as a matter of urgency.

Could be a caliper issue again or even a brake hose, ABS any number of things could be causing the issue but it is something that urgently needs resolving by them

Let us know how you get on with it