POOR TREATMENT FROM TOYOTA CUSTOMER CARE?

mypineprius

Well actually NO I just do not believe Toyota Customer Care? Really Cares At All!

Here is a quote from a customer care? supervisor about my Nav System Problems 2/6/08

"Good Day Robert This is Juleesa Cabrera From Toyota Customer Care in Torrance calling.

We are well aware that you are experiencing continuous problems with your factory navigation

system in as much as you cannot input your home street address.

Plus you are unable to access turn by turn navigation to or from destinations or back home.

Toyota does not presently, nor do we expect to have at any time soon, any solution to this.

You will need to PURCHASE update discs from the manufacturer when they come available.

Toyota WILL NOT Supply you with any update discs FREE as they are customer pay items".

She goes on to say, "We have contacted the manufacturer and learned that because your

home is located in a 'rural area' it is more as likely NOT mapped accurately this version.

Again, as updated discs become available you will need to purchase them from Toyota."

Well I have news for you Toyota. This subdivision has been here for 15 years, the streets were all mapped and platted at the time of it's inception. County Road Maps as well as the Telephone Book Maps BOTH SHOW MY STREET.

This Brand New Toyota Factory Navigation System with the NEW 7.1 Navteq Disc Should Have,

NO PROBLEM WITH HOME ADDRESS INPUT As Well!

So, according to Toyota Customer Care? If you are having difficulties and problems with your Factory Navigation System, well that's too bad for you. They Are Not Going To Help!

We paid for an expensive Navigation System that cannot even find home street addresses.

I believe if we would all band together, contact Toyota Corporate 1-800-331-4331 and send written complaints to them at the; Toyota Customer Care Dept WC 10 19001 South Western Avenue, Torrance,CA. 90501. direct your complaints to both the Supervisor of Customer Care, Ms. Lorraine Smelcer, and Toyota USA President Mr. Jim Lentz then also send written complaints to; www.Consumeraffairs.com as well as sending an email to; hotline@consumer-action.org to DEMAND Toyota Resolve These Factory Navigation Systems Input Problems.

Just so all you folks out there know, 70 other people that I found so far, are complaining about continuing Problems and Difficulties with Toyota Factory Navigation Systems. Want to take a look? Just 2 websites are:

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...ory-nav-15220/ after you read those 6 pages of complaints, go to

http://priuschat.com/forums/audio-el...tml#post556155 for 6 more!

We all paid BIG to have these Navigation Systems and they sure should work properly!

As a Sidenote about this; My wife was at Office Depot and input our home address into a cheap Tom Tom, and a Magellon Aftermarket Navigation System. Both systems accepted input of our home address and gave my wife exact turn by turn navigation directly back to our home. Moral of this stroy obviously is; Save Your Money and Buy Aftermarket Nav. Systems.

If one cannot utilize the system input of home street address, you are also unable to utilize turn by turn navigation features. Those are two of the most important reasons I paid dearly for to have the Factory Navigation System.

This Navigation System is veritibly USELESS in it's present state. Toyota Needs To Hear This From All With Complaints!

My question back to Toyota is; Why am I being penalized for YOUR SYSTEMS PROBLEMS and INACCURACIES?

If the information on these discs is NOT ACCURATE, Toyota Needs to Find A Better Disc Manufacturer.

Either I get update discs FREE or I want a refund on the Faulty Nav. System, as it cannot resolve these problems by itself!

I don't think there's very many disc manufacturers...there's only one or two data collectors in the country, and that's where the problem lies. Toyota, Subaru, GM, LandRover, Audi, and several others all use the same data collectors. Unfortunately, there's almost a monopoly on automotive navigation data collectors, so we're at their mercy.

I don't think there's very many disc manufacturers...there's only one or two data collectors in the country, and that's where the problem lies. Toyota, Subaru, GM, LandRover, Audi, and several others all use the same data collectors. Unfortunately, there's almost a monopoly on automotive navigation data collectors, so we're at their mercy.

Thanks for answering. I have figured out how to change the pointer to our exact location parked in the driveway, setting that as our "home address". So, now that I did that, we can use the turn by turn to other destinations. Only trouble with doing that is returning to our home, the turn by turn stops at the beginning of the subdivision and we get the dreaded message "turn by turn navigation is not available in this area, please use map line of sight to get to your destination".

Another response I got was to try and get my dealer/salesman to provide us with an update disc the end of this year?

I like the sound of that one, as from the response I got, Toyota sure is not going to give me one!

Regards, Robert

Back to that security thing I brought up before...it might be better to mark the entrance to your subdivision as "Home". That way, if your car is stolen, you're not giving a thief directions to your doorstep. And you'd avoid the annoying navigation messages!

If you just bought the car, it's worth at least asking the dealer if they'll give you a disc. It's not like they can control the navigation content, so it's not their fault, but they may have a little sympathy for you.

The next Nav update is due out in November, so hopefully it'll have more of your streets on it.