mr2 mach II turbo exhaust leak

colfaxball

so if ur in for a little story its kinda funny but on the other hand pissed me off big time....

so i rebuilt the turbo put it all back in right, which by myself took me like a week put together. and i fire it up for the first time...HUGE exhaust leak, from exhaust manifold, :blink: so i took it back apart down to the manifold and somehow a stray bolt had fallen in between the manifold and the head?!?! so it was relieving to find out that was the problem and not something in the dag gum turbo!

so i removed the nuisance and finished the job, but i still have a small exhaust leak! not as bad as before though...do u think its possible that manifold could have bent from the torque on the studs? or maybe i should warm up the car and retighten the stud bolts?

thats my dilemma!

thanks

dayne

remove manifold and check for warpage (exhaust manifold flange and head). put a new gasket.

about retighting.. it depends on material of manifold. If its stock (probably cast iron) - no. If it's stainless steel - yes

a week for a turbo swap?! 5 hours max.... better luck next time..