Install remote starter on 2000 Avalon XLS

avalon2000

Has anyone tried to install a remote starter on a XLS Avalon? I live in New England. The winter is long and cold. A remote starter would really make a difference. I installed one on my Corola last Winter and it has been working great. Avalon has more electronic stuff and I am a little bit nevers.. If anyone can share some experience I would really appreciate it... Thanks alot!

Shouldn't be a big deal...Circuit City or Best Buy should be able to install one for a couple hundred bucks. You may have to sacrifice a key though...

Thanks alot for your reply.. I am itching to put one on myself. I am planning to buy a Bulldod RS82 + Secrurity bypass t791+ Toy1 T-harness. I am just not sure about the keyless remote, and anti-theft secrurity.. I guess there is potential that things can get messed up..

Hey, just consider it a challenge!! Good luck!!

The reason you'd have to give up a key is if you have the security keys with the chip inside. That chip has to be present to start the car, so you'd have to hide one inside the dash somewhere in order for the remote start to work.