2000-2001 Avalon

generoso123

Hi,

I am in the market for a 2000-2002 avalon. I was searching the site to see if there any posts on these years but did not find any. Any tips when looking for these years. I know Toyota is extremely reliable but I am wondering if there are any issues to look for. Thanks

Frank, NJ

No major issues on those cars: some of them have noisy front struts and there's a TSB on it, and some of them have sludge problems. As a general rule, most of the sludged cars are the ones that the owners have failed to change the oil on an even remotely regular basis. Other than that, they're pretty great.

No major issues on those cars: some of them have noisy front struts and there's a TSB on it, and some of them have sludge problems. As a general rule, most of the sludged cars are the ones that the owners have failed to change the oil on an even remotely regular basis. Other than that, they're pretty great.

Thaqnk you!!!

• 5 months later...

Actually, I'm selling my 2000 Avalon XLS (fully loaded). It's in great condition with only 58,000 miles. It has the top of the line CompuStar Alarm System with Remote Starter (installed a little over a year ago). I'm selling because I want to purchase the Lexus LS 430. I'm located in Camden County, NJ.

Interested?

I know you'll be hard-pressed to find a 2000 Avalon XLS with low miles. I'm not sure what price I should ask? What is the going asking price for my type car?