Suspension 97 Paseo Convertible

You could replace the shocks or even the tires. I don't think that car will ever have a really good smooth ride though...it's meant to be a light, sporty car. Cute car though...what color?

Blackwith Black top. Thanks. I'll have to put up a picture. Do you mean just stock shocks or do you advise something else?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have a 97 Paseo Convertible, 55K milles only, it rides terrible, mechanic says suspension is fine, no replacements needed.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace to get improve the suspension?

Make sure sway bar end link bushings and sway bar mount bushings are in good shape. Paseo has pretty basic suspension technology that should work well if everything is in good shape. If you're just using it for a driver, regular duty strut replacements (Monroe/Gabriel) should do just fine. I've had lots of experience with this particular Toyota drivetrain and I have found it to be a good design. Good luck, and enjoy the top down.

Hi

I have a 97 Paseo Convertible, 55K milles only, it rides terrible, mechanic says suspension is fine, no replacements needed.

Hey, I ve a similar 97 ragtop in Toronto, in red, over 85K now,( probably the only one in toronto !) and is quite satisfy with her performance.

I don't quite understand what's your standard when you say" terrible" ? if your r expecting something race/drift prepare, you should get a coupe. the ragtop is more for fun, leisure , and style. I am a bit worry about your car, as the ragtop was only converted in states by ASC from the coupe by simply cutting the roof off, although they ve done some reinforcement in the chasis, it is basically softer than the coupe, and a lot heavier too. After all these years on road, the chasis may have deformed.! Do you know if the car has ever involve in any accident? even a heavy bump on a road side curb may be strong enough to upset some alignment on the chasis. Even a wrong setting on the camber angle may put on additional loading in the chasis , and if this car do drive roughly frequently before, a few thousand mile will be more than adequate to finish it. Do you hear weird sound when making turns? or rattle going straight ? What size/grade of tire are you using now ? you shall be able to enjoy a comfortable ride in 14" standard, but if you have inched up to 16 or 17, you shall be prepare to give up comfort. If you really want to upgrade to better or harder suspension, I would suggest To 1) start with a brand new good quality japanese branded tire, Yokohama? as they hold better, 2) add a new strut tower bar, 3) Change/upgrade the antiroll bars, find some aftermarket which are adjustable , a precision joints is better, check/change to more rigid bushings, 4) if you are not yet satisfy, play with coil over spring or change to adjustable shocks. it all lies in the setting.

I am lucky as I am satisfy with a more leisure ride, I can still enjoy driving straight original and unmodify in this pink rabbit of Toyota, Afterall, we have a RARE car.

• 1 year later...
Hi

It's black, I realy like the looks of this car, not man

y paseos out there, even less convertibles.