100_2923.jpg

oil in can after about 3 months of install:

100_2922.jpg

TRD front strut bar:

DSCF0708.jpg

and lastly HIDs in the lows and fogs:

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0710.jpg

I switched the Nokya artic white turn signal bulbs to Silverstar turn signals as with HIDs - no one can see the white turn signals anymore - wink.gif

Looks great. Are you noticing any performance differences?

AEM SRI - same performance as the TRD CAI - much easier to clean the filter when the time comes.

TRD FSB is stiffer than the DC FSB - turns are smoother.

HIDs - see much better @ night as compared to the SilverStar Ultras I was using. I will never go back to halogen bulbs.

oil catch can - I hope it keeps the intake manifold, IACV and throttle body clean.

• 1 month later...
nice Matrix' man.. ///Go Matrix 2003///

very nice rims! missing the center caps but very nice.

good to see a fellow matrix driver here.

don't be shy and post more pics.

also I suggest using an image hosting site to display your pics on message boards such as this one.

• 10 months later...

My most recent pic:

Sonics%20Minimeet%20090310.jpg

Also apologies for my picture not showing up anymore. Photobucket kept on claiming I have exceeded bandwidth when others would see my pics. I complained to them, and they said to upgrade to the "Premium" accounts. I wasn't going to spend money on them, so I deleted some pics to fit within their limited bandwidth. Next thing you know they banned my account because of some pictures I took @ an import car show and there were girls in bikinis.

I highly advise others to use imageshack.us, Google photos, or whatever other image hosting site you can find. NEVER use photobucket!

Thanks, but it shows that I haven't had any new mods for over a year now. I so have some OEM painted black housings headlights waiting to be installed to replace the ones in the picture which are already blacked out but the lenses are cloudy and hazed over. Aftermarket headlights are NOT the way to go. Then eventually replace the tires - bought them from a Nissan 350Z owner - they front are 235/50/17 and the rear is 225/50/17. The rear also has 10mm spacers so it looks less tucked in. The cornering is great, as if on rails and I am lowered on Eibach Sportlines (discontinued) with stock struts & shocks. I hope to upgrade to Tokico Blues soon for a more comfy ride, which is part of the reason why I went with 50 series tires. The other reason is that I got these Bridgestone Potenza RE01 at half price. They might make my 17 rims look like 16s, but the ride is much smoother and the conering performance is better than before.

As for image hosting sites, I had some private albums that had pictures of import models in bikinis modeling next to cars (car shows) but I guess someone @ photobucket found it offensive and used that as an EXCUSE to delete my account. Screw them & their subjective guidelines. I'll stick to imageshack & Google photos - both have been a better substitute image hosting site with the latter NEVER having any issues.

That's bizarre...it's not like it was naked girls or anything. Weird. There's a lot of other sites out there that are better.

The car looks great though!

I'd love to see the headlights. That sounds like they'll look really good installed. You're doing all this suspension/handling work...have you been doing any racing? I'm really thinking about getting some kind of sports car to replace my GS, and we have some great tracks just outside Vegas, not to mention some wide-open roads (check out http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com). All of those newer Lotus have Toyota motors...hmmm....

So how are you getting away without having the front plate? Don't you have to have those in CA? Or don't they pull people over for it? I like that little metal "Matrix" thing you have instead.

Probably some old fat ugly chick at photobucket that has nothing better to do with their time (I know, wildly politically incorrect, but it sure seems like that's usually who it is that has a problem with bikini girls.) If they don't like it, don't look at the photos...easy solution. Me, I'm also jealous that I'm not in that kind of shape, but I've sat through enough photo shoots to know that it's really hard work, and not as easy as you'd think. Imagine if you had to be outside in a swimsuit and 4 inch heels in 50 degree weather, wind, etc., for hours on end, and you have to work out constantly for that privilege for not as much money as you would think. Not fun. Find some other site that's not so nitpicky to host pics.

The headlights are OEM originals that have been "baked" open and the housing painted a flat black. Then was rebaked to melt the silicone glue to the lenses which were polished & clear coated. The problem with aftermarket headlights is the clearcoat or the lack there of or thin layer of it. Once the clearcoat is gone, the headlights begin to yellow or get all hazed over.

As for racing, I did some autocrossing over @ Willow Springs a few times and it was so much fun. It's just not tire life friendly. :rolleyes:

Front plate, for about 3 years now I haven't had any issues with no front plate. I suppose I have been lucky, but I do plan on putting the front plate back on as I'm slowly going back to OEM stock. I suppose I need a change as I have gotten bored modding wise with the Matrix. It's just normal maintenance now, and daily driving. I do plan on replacing the OEM shocks & struts to aftermarket Tokico "Blues" which should make for a smoother but still lowered ride, but tires are next on the list where I have maybe another year left on the Bridgestone Potenzas.

I'd love to see the headlights. That sounds like they'll look really good installed. You're doing all this suspension/handling work...have you been doing any racing? I'm really thinking about getting some kind of sports car to replace my GS, and we have some great tracks just outside Vegas, not to mention some wide-open roads (check out http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com). All of those newer Lotus have Toyota motors...hmmm....

So how are you getting away without having the front plate? Don't you have to have those in CA? Or don't they pull people over for it? I like that little metal "Matrix" thing you have instead.

Probably some old fat ugly chick at photobucket that has nothing better to do with their time (I know, wildly politically incorrect, but it sure seems like that's usually who it is that has a problem with bikini girls.) If they don't like it, don't look at the photos...easy solution. Me, I'm also jealous that I'm not in that kind of shape, but I've sat through enough photo shoots to know that it's really hard work, and not as easy as you'd think. Imagine if you had to be outside in a swimsuit and 4 inch heels in 50 degree weather, wind, etc., for hours on end, and you have to work out constantly for that privilege for not as much money as you would think. Not fun. Find some other site that's not so nitpicky to host pics.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Decided to go blackout and made my lights really dark along with the rims. Don't have all pics yet but thought I'd show what I had in progress. Seems really dark but when my HIDs are on has more of a better grey shade look to it.

post-9459-0-78060200-1424489887_thumb.jp