Trip timer

trhus

I am new to Toyota. Bought a 2007 Avalon. Three things make no sense. The trip timer on the dash display shows the time the car has been running. We park the car and turn it off. When it is restarted the trip timer shows the run time from the last time it was started for about 5 seconds then resets to zero. The manual states that the timer is capable of recording up to 99 hours. It would take a very large gas tank to keep the car running for 99 hours. If I go on a trip I would like to be able to take the total drive time not from gas stop to gas stop.

Any ideas?

Also the information on the radio as to what song is playing requires that you push the text button to display. If there is an arrow indicating more information you must push and hold the text button until it beeps and continue to push and hold to display the total text message. Seems to me that this is a lot of time being distracted from driving.

My previous and current other vehicle kept cumulative time and showed the information on the radio display as a scroll by function.

I have a limited and the AC unit in the seat feels like I sitting on a box. Does Toyota have a fix for this?

Whats up with Toyota. The dealer has been no help.

Thanks

Ted

• 3 months later...

I am new to Toyota. Bought a 2007 Avalon. Three things make no sense. The trip timer on the dash display shows the time the car has been running. We park the car and turn it off. When it is restarted the trip timer shows the run time from the last time it was started for about 5 seconds then resets to zero. The manual states that the timer is capable of recording up to 99 hours. It would take a very large gas tank to keep the car running for 99 hours. If I go on a trip I would like to be able to take the total drive time not from gas stop to gas stop.

Any ideas?

Also the information on the radio as to what song is playing requires that you push the text button to display. If there is an arrow indicating more information you must push and hold the text button until it beeps and continue to push and hold to display the total text message. Seems to me that this is a lot of time being distracted from driving.

My previous and current other vehicle kept cumulative time and showed the information on the radio display as a scroll by function.

I have a limited and the AC unit in the seat feels like I sitting on a box. Does Toyota have a fix for this?

Thanks

Ted

Any ideas?

I have the same problem with my 2001 avalon. Even complained to Toyota about this. Just wanted to know which fuse to jump to always on instead of the ignition. They won't tell. This is totally worthless. They are still making them like this and never made it right.

I am looking for a wiring diagram to see which fuse to take off the ignition.

Anybody else to help?????

Thanks

Ted