New to forum.. I own a 2006 Tacoma TRD 6sp manual and 2012 Camry SE automatic

Hey Toyota Owners!

I don't see a button in my profile to show I own two Toyota vehicles right now.  I have a 2006 Tacoma TRD, 4 door, 6-speed manual transmission, and the 2012 Camry SE, with 4 doors and an automatic transmission, which I listed.

I hope to share and find tips for maintaining and enjoying both of these vehicles.  I have been having fun trying to get the best possible mileage on the Camry, using the screen with the "CAR" instantaneous and historical mileage info, and my gas pedal pressure.  I have been able to get more than FORTY miles per gallon!  This number was confirmed at the gas pump when I filled up again.

I have owned Toyota pickup trucks since 1995 when I got really lucky at a cheesy auto dealership and purchased a REALLY bare-bones, bench seat, no AC or radio Pickup, which I loved!  I since purchased a new 2004 pickup in 2005, and the 2006 pickup in 2012.  I let had not kept up with all the maintenance on this truck, which I am catching up on now.  I admit it is partly to pass NJ State inspection, but I want to improve the miles/per/gallon on this too.  I will post when I have results!

Thanks for the forum!

Bernard

Hi Bernard....welcome to the Club

You can add vehicle information into your Signature at the bottom of the posts.

Seems to be the done thing now to try to extract more MPG from your vehicles nowadays....even something simple like tire pressures and reducing the weight being carried in the trunk all help to improve economy