2006 Corolla T-Sport 225bhp

fidgits

Toyota have announced a 225bhp version of their Corolla, using TTE's compressor (supercharger) on the existing 1ZZ-FE 1.8 VVTi engine.

The newcomer differs from the existing range-topper thanks to a deeper front spoiler, bigger airdam, distinctive twin tailpipes and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, the hotter T Sport will be powered by a 225bhp engine. The Toyota will go head-to-head with the new 'hot hatches' such as the Golf GTi

12020005b.jpg

12020006b.jpg

12020009b.jpg

essen_TSSC4.jpg

Does anyone know what % of loss we have through our drive train in the CTS (sportivo) ??

Because if i go of that I have increased the power at my wheels by over 25% you can take that back to the engine so original at the flywheel was 141kW?

25% of 141kW = 35.25kW

141kW + 35.25kW = 176.25kW

1kW = 1.34HP

176.25 x 1.34 = 236.18HP

Does that sound right??????

• 2 months later...

well, I didnt know they did a WRX in a hatchback - I thought the WRX was only in the saloon..

Oh, and you cant compare the two. The Scooby is a 4-door, 4-wheel drive, 2.0 Turbo (with a flat four) - not to mention, significantly more expensive..

And yes, it has dramatic styling - but that doesnt mean its any better ;)

well, I didnt know they did a WRX in a hatchback - I thought the WRX was only in the saloon..

Oh, and you cant compare the two. The Scooby is a 4-door, 4-wheel drive, 2.0 Turbo (with a flat four) - not to mention, significantly more expensive..

And yes, it has dramatic styling - but that doesnt mean its any better ;)

4H20.jpg

This T-Sport Compressor looks awesome, but as Danthuyer said, there has been talk in Australia about it, but thats all there has been.

I heard on the grapevine that we will never see it here... :(

• 2 months later...

NOS (you realise thats actually a brand, you should say Nitrous Oxide, or No2) is ovverated...

Its the automotive equivalent of writing a web-page with Microsoft word - does the job but very unsofisticated and simplistic...

Fast and the furious has a lot to answer for...

• 4 weeks later...
Toyota have announced a 225bhp version of their Corolla, using TTE's compressor (supercharger) on the existing 1ZZ-FE 1.8 VVTi engine.

The newcomer differs from the existing range-topper thanks to a deeper front spoiler, bigger airdam, distinctive twin tailpipes and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, the hotter T Sport will be powered by a 225bhp engine. The Toyota will go head-to-head with the new 'hot hatches' such as the Golf GTi

12020005b.jpg

12020006b.jpg

12020009b.jpg

essen_TSSC4.jpg

Looks sweet, but what I really want is a new Supra Turbo!! I've had three, and if Toyota is going to do this level of performance, why not step up to a new Supra? I don't want to have to buy a Nissan, Mazda, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
NOS (you realise thats actually a brand, you should say Nitrous Oxide, or No2) is ovverated...

Its the automotive equivalent of writing a web-page with Microsoft word - does the job but very unsofisticated and simplistic...

Fast and the furious has a lot to answer for...

But wait.... There's more!!

Apparently Fast and the Furious 3 will be taking place in Japan WITH drifting!!!!

Yeah, it does have alot to answer for. Especially since Nitrous Express is a better product.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks sweet, but what I really want is a new Supra Turbo!!  I've had three, and if Toyota is going to do this level of performance, why not step up to a new Supra? I don't want to have to buy a Nissan, Mazda, etc.

Does anybody know where I can get me one of them red Toyota Badges off the back.... :P :P :P

• 2 months later...