03 Corolla S - Radio and Clock Not Working

Phil C

Hi All,

I blew a fuse in my 2003 Corolla S which knocked out the radio, clock, dome light, trunk light and door open alert chime. I replaced the fuse (15 amp) and everything works again, except for the radio and clock. Is there some other fuse that I may have blown or is there a specific way to reset the radio and clock? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

..Is there some other fuse that I may have blown..

huh..

you didn't said how you blew the first one, so how the hell we can tell you that?

just a suggestion.. could you please check all the fuses before asking a question like that? cuz you now.. we are not psychic here..

Never mind. You'd have to have power to the radio for that to be a factor, and you obviously don't. Check the rest of the fuses.

Hi,

I checked the rest of the fuses and they are fine. The only fuse box that I can find is in the engine compartment. Is there another one somewhere else?

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked the rest of the fuses and they are fine. The only fuse box that I can find is in the engine compartment. Is there another one somewhere else?

Thanks.

There are some fuses under the hood but the main fuses for radio, lighter etc. are in the kick panel it should be somewhere below the steering wheel on the drievers side. Also if all fuses are fine check the AMP and make sure its right because if it is smaller than the one its supose to be its going to burn much esier and if it is bigger it might burn watever it is under that fuse!

Aren't there some fuses somewhere around the driver's side lower dash area (inside the car)?

I did some more research. Does this sound about right:

2003 – 2006 model year Corolla vehicles

Removal of the DOME fuse will affect the following systems:

- Door lock control

- Radio and CD changer

- Interior lights

- Combination meter

- Key reminder and seat belt warning

- Clock

The DOME fuse (15A) is stored in the blank space in the Relay Block in the engine compartment. (driver's side of engine compartment, about half-way down). In the fuse box, the DOME fuse is in the middle, on the end of a group of four small fuses. There may also be a CIG fuse that could affect things. I think it's in the same fuse box.

Aren't there some fuses somewhere around the driver's side lower dash area (inside the car)?

I did some more research. Does this sound about right:

2003 – 2006 model year Corolla vehicles

Removal of the DOME fuse will affect the following systems:

- Door lock control

- Radio and CD changer

- Interior lights

- Combination meter

- Key reminder and seat belt warning

- Clock

The DOME fuse (15A) is stored in the blank space in the Relay Block in the engine compartment. (driver's side of engine compartment, about half-way down). In the fuse box, the DOME fuse is in the middle, on the end of a group of four small fuses. There may also be a CIG fuse that could affect things. I think it's in the same fuse box.

When I last time checked the cig fuse (on my car and on my friends Lancer) it was under the steering wheel column, to the left from the pedals.

Dome fuse should be intact in his case, or he changed that already. Because if dome fuse is fried, tacho and speedo will not work (Combination Meter). I had that problem (fried dome fuse) on my BMW. And I had a fried cig fuse on my corolla - no clock, no radio.

In the radio, silly.

In the radio or out of it. It doesn't matter. It's still a short circuit, which causes those fuses to blow.

OR a microchip inside the radio.. OR the fuse that radio has.. but then again.. it should not interrupt clocks circuit.. ;)

Why are you making it so complicated?

There is a blown fuse in the second fuse box, which is located inside the car, not in the engine compartment.

And that's it.

Yea i told you guy it he should've checked the kick pannel fuses first thats what i did when i burned mine coz i was dumb enough to clean the inside of my lighter with detailer **** and mde short circuit it was one of those fuses. And that other time my radio wasn't working and it was the same kick panel fuses so yea he should have checked those first :)!

• 10 years later...

Hi all, just wanted to add. I had this issue after the RFID chip in my key got damaged and I had it replaced. Turned out that when I was searching for the reason the car wasn't starting and I first checked the fuses I messed up. There's a blank space right next to the dome light fuse port. Very easy done, I accidentally put it in the empty space next to it so when I finally got the car running again, all of a sudden the radio, courtesy lights, key remote and the "key in Ignition" alarm weren't working. Followed the diagram under the panel, put the fuse back in the right place and away she went