Complete 1987 Toyota Cotolla ae82 Liftback

unbelievableny

Toyota Supra MKIII,

Mazda Miata - I hate this car, but it's FR layout. Not too wide though,

Mazda RX-7 - it's good only if engine was already changed to Otto cycle :lol:

Nissan 240sx - I've heard bad things about SX's engines,

Nissan Skyline - You're lucky if you can find one :huh:

older BMW 3rd series with coupe body,

in Japan they are using Toyota Chaser for drifting but it's not officially exported and even if it was exported it has steering wheel on the right hand side.

Maybe older Porsche, but its RR layout, so it's not what you're looking for.

Hmmm...didn't think about the Miata. Wouldn't want it for a daily driver, but it does have a lot of good characteristics. Cheap, reliable, lightweight, good weight distribution. That might actually be a good prospect. I wouldn't feel bad at all if I damaged a Miata...

Worst thing I've had was blown cylinder head gasket. But that wasn't the worst part :lol: I was driving it until engine ran out of oil :o :lol::lol::lol: So changing the head gasket was the first "seriuos" work I had ever performed on a car. But because engine was running almost dry for awhile it overheated very bad and cylinder head deformed slightly. So I was trying to find correct injection timing angle (it was a diesel engine) for about a month. It was like.. on one tooth - it's knocking, on next one - it starts, but dies. Problem was in cylinder head. Because it was deformed, compression ratio dropped, and while engine was cold it was dying because air inside of the cylinders was too cold to ignite fuel properly. I had to hold gas pedal for about two minutes to get it idling and not dying :lol:

Lucky you :lol: Or maybe you have an engine that don't bend valves (some has "holes" on pistons for the valves) :lol: If engine does bend them then you were wery lucky and timing belt broke when all valves were closed ;) :)

Sounds like a huge mess.

I don't know anything about the engine in the car with the broken timing belt...it was such a long time ago, I'm lucky I remember having the car. It was a 1986 Mustang 4cylinder. Terrible car. No A/C. But it was my first car, so I guess have some fond memories.

Sounds like a huge mess.

I don't know anything about the engine in the car with the broken timing belt...it was such a long time ago, I'm lucky I remember having the car. It was a 1986 Mustang 4cylinder. Terrible car. No A/C. But it was my first car, so I guess have some fond memories.

I never had a car with an A/C. And I'm not getting one :lol: If I had an A/C it would be without a belt on it ;) It sucks too much power from engine. But I don't live in Nevada though :lol::lol::lol:

I still love my first car too:) I have a photo of it :lol:

post-2570-1193806806.jpg

My first (painful) love :lol:

Photo taken in summer of 2005, when I was still in my country (I'm permanent U.S. resident from february 2006) B)

This is 1987 BMW 324d

I spent alot of time with this car in my garage :lol: It was my school in a way :rolleyes::lol:

I wouldn't feel bad at all if I damaged a Miata...

Would you feel bad if I damaged it? :lol: With a baseball bat? :lol::lol:

But it's actually a good car (good engine, RWD, lightweight). I just don't like roadsters :unsure: Although I love small cars :lol: But I only like coupes or 2-door-hatchbacks <_<

Just don't do anything that interferes with driving...

Yeah, I prefer my convertibles to be a bit larger. In my mind, a convertible is a cruising car...something for warm summer nights, Sunday afternoons, drives in the country, etc. It should be comfortable, doesn't even have to be fast....that's not the point.

In a hot rod, I prefer a more substantial car. Something with a roof is best.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Ok Looks like the weathers finally warming up

Just went to look at the corolla

Ill be taking it out of storage at the end of this month!

post-2292-1208709602_thumb.jpg

Heres a picture of the engine bay i just took!

I believe its the original

4a

What the hell Inside storage really does help a car!

Heres a nother!post-2292-1208710090_thumb.jpg

andpost-2292-1208710173_thumb.jpg

andpost-2292-1208710280_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok let me throw this question out Since i have a 1987 Toyota corolla with front wheel drive 4alc enigne can someone with a 1987 Toyota Corolla rear wheel drive drop this engine in with no problem?

Arent the engines the same even though one is in a front wheel drive car an done is in a rear wheel drive car?

So is it a simple straight foward drop in?