Complete 1987 Toyota Cotolla ae82 Liftback

unbelievableny

Ok the title and description ALmost says it all

The automatic tranmsissions reverse gear simply doesnt work anymore but no known problems exist with the engine or any of the foward transmission gears

This is a 5 door liftback

Similar to Nova 1985 1986 1987 1988

This particular Corolla ae82 model was manufactured 1984 1985 1986 1987

Yes front wheel drive

Selling as is

Yes she starts runs and drives And yes she is a rare car to find all in one piece

And yes if youre brave you can drive her away!

youre reading it right 399 Just clickon the pic!

post-2292-1192223826_thumb.jpg

post-2292-1192224267_thumb.jpg

post-2292-1192224419_thumb.jpg

post-2292-1192224481_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've seen this model in drift competitions...I thought the better drift cars were rear wheel drive?

You've seen an ae86. What you see here is an older version.

ae86 was RWD

You CAN'T do any seriuos drifting with FWD.. believe me.. I'v tried ;) :lol: It's fun to drift with handbrake, but it's not a real dirft.. And.. cable handbrake sucks.. I'll put a hydraulic one, when I'll have a chance.

To Author --> what tite does this car has? Salvage?

Yes it is an older ae82 frontwheel drive model Leighcm

I would tend to agree with B R T

Title is not salvage

Its just an original unrestored automatic 20 year old Toyota Corolla with a lot of good parts still in it!

I believe some one could make use of it instead of wastin tons of time at any salvage yard looking for miscellaneous parts!

The enigne itself with only 111k miles has a stamp on the valve cover with the number and letters 4A

Thats not sheetrock though just some reflective house foil insulation to help reflect the suns heat away from the interiors vinyl parts

You CAN'T do any seriuos drifting with FWD.. believe me.. I'v tried ;) :lol: It's fun to drift with handbrake, but it's not a real dirft.. And.. cable handbrake sucks.. I'll put a hydraulic one, when I'll have a chance.

Backwards? :P

The enigne itself with only 111k miles has a stamp on the valve cover with the number and letters 4A

So it's probably 4A-E SOHC fuel injected 1.6 litre engine.

I'm kinda looking for a project car. But not right now, cuz I'm still in college and I'm working on evening shift after school. I don't have any free time. And I moved to Brooklyn recently so I don't have a garage to make a transmission swap.. :unsure:

I think I have to pass on this one :huh:

I was thinking about older celica or corolla (less than $3000) for my project car. I want to get a corolla 93-97 and put a bigger engine in it (like 5S-FE, cuz it's damn cheap) then put 3S-GTE pistons in that engine and double-turbocharge it with two small turbos like IHI VJ11. I want to see faces of those guys with show-off eclipses, neons, and civics. when I blow them fu** away with a stock looking corolla :lol:

Hey, you're used to it...you know how to handle it!! :lol:

Yeah, I know, but I don't want to stuck in a garage for a whole day or two :lol:

Besides, I know it's not healthy for a manual transmission to go fast backwards ;) :P Reverse connecting gear is totally different from those used for forward gears. Thats why you hear a rattling sound when a car goes backwards (with manual tranny). If you go to fast (or spin wheels) connector gear will overheat and probably it will break to small pieces. And because transmission was running at very fast speed those pieces will breake something more when they get between other gears. Although there is a small magnet inside of a transmission. Most of my differentials teeths was on that magnet.

No fun...I've never had the bad fortune to blow anything really major up in any of my cars. About the worst thing I've ever had to deal with was a broken timing belt, and that didn't actually do any damage, amazingly.

I really do think it would be really fun to get a cheap little RWD car to do drifting in though. It looks like a blast for a minimal budget!

No fun...I've never had the bad fortune to blow anything really major up in any of my cars. About the worst thing I've ever had to deal with was a broken timing belt, and that didn't actually do any damage, amazingly.

I really do think it would be really fun to get a cheap little RWD car to do drifting in though. It looks like a blast for a minimal budget!

Get an older BMW 325 (E30) it's a really fun car :lol:

Or 240sx, 92-93 era SC300 w/manual transmission, old Celica Supra, anything in that genre. Something RWD, manual transmission, not too heavy, good weight distribution. I wonder if the old RX-7s would be any good...like something around 1990MY. Something durable that I can spend maybe a couple thousand bucks plus a few mods, and then go beat it up drifting and not worry about the car breaking anything major.

One of my favorite things when I had less expensive cars was to go do "donuts" on the ice or gravel...that was before drifting became the big thing. When you grow up living at the end of three miles of dirt road like I did, you get pretty good at catching the tires in that little ridge of sand in the middle of the road and sliding the car around the corners!

RX? And you said BMW will be expesive to repair. If you blow a rotary engine you will spend more then for a BMW ;)

Cool car though :lol:

Are you considering older Corollas? AE86. It's kinda drifting "God" back in Japan. I saw AE86 on eBay with Supras twin-turbocharged engine :o Now that's sick :lol: Stock it comes with 4A-GE engine. If it's "Silvertop" or "Blacktop" it has 20 valves (3 intake valves and 2 exhaust valves per cylinder), 4 throttle bodies and has about 180 hp NA. Later models had variable valve timing.

This engine kinda "gives me a hard on" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

True...of course, if I find an RX7 that old, the engine will probably have already been replaced. :P

I don't know that I'd be happy with a Corolla. I really prefer a car that's more of a true sports car (although the specs you mentioned sound pretty sweet).

AE86 was considered a sports car ;) TRD was offering engine mods (pistons, camshafts, intake, exhaust etc.) for 4A-GE called Formula Atlantic. If you put everything you can have about 240 hp naturally aspirated. ;) But compression ratio was too high for ordinary pump gas (minimum 103+ or something). Alcohol (ethanol) injection was one of the ways to solve this porblem

Okay, let me revise that: I'd prefer something low, sleek, and wide, rear wheel drive, front engine, two seater (or 2+2, but with the pointless rear seats), and preferably a hatchback. I know that the Corolla has the performance, but it just doesn't do anything for me...

Okay, let me revise that: I'd prefer something low, sleek, and wide, rear wheel drive, front engine, two seater (or 2+2, but with the pointless rear seats), and preferably a hatchback. I know that the Corolla has the performance, but it just doesn't do anything for me...

Toyota Supra MKIII,

Mazda Miata - I hate this car, but it's FR layout. Not too wide though,

Mazda RX-7 - it's good only if engine was already changed to Otto cycle :lol:

Nissan 240sx - I've heard bad things about SX's engines,

Nissan Skyline - You're lucky if you can find one :huh:

older BMW 3rd series with coupe body,

in Japan they are using Toyota Chaser for drifting but it's not officially exported and even if it was exported it has steering wheel on the right hand side.

Maybe older Porsche, but its RR layout, so it's not what you're looking for.

Worst thing I've had was blown cylinder head gasket. But that wasn't the worst part :lol: I was driving it until engine ran out of oil :o :lol::lol::lol: So changing the head gasket was the first "seriuos" work I had ever performed on a car. But because engine was running almost dry for awhile it overheated very bad and cylinder head deformed slightly. So I was trying to find correct injection timing angle (it was a diesel engine) for about a month. It was like.. on one tooth - it's knocking, on next one - it starts, but dies. Problem was in cylinder head. Because it was deformed, compression ratio dropped, and while engine was cold it was dying because air inside of the cylinders was too cold to ignite fuel properly. I had to hold gas pedal for about two minutes to get it idling and not dying :lol:

Lucky you :lol: Or maybe you have an engine that don't bend valves (some has "holes" on pistons for the valves) :lol: If engine does bend them then you were wery lucky and timing belt broke when all valves were closed ;) :)