New kid on the block, sort of

bigbird

You must be joking..

You will eat dust if you drag race with automatic (except CV tranny in some cases)

Auto tranny has VERY bad acceleration. It feels like your clutch is slipping when you step on gas pedal. Even if car is more powerful then opponents you still can be the second one, because you cannot alter the way your gears are shifting. And shifting is the most importatnt thing in drag racing. Horsepower is just second most important thing.

Yes it's easier to drag race with auto tranny, but easier is not always better ;)

Much easier to do a proper burnout in an automatic. Yes, I understand that it CAN be done in a manual tranny, but it's more difficult. And you can alter the way your gears are shifting...think eShift, etc.

Much easier to do a proper burnout in an automatic. Yes, I understand that it CAN be done in a manual tranny, but it's more difficult. And you can alter the way your gears are shifting...think eShift, etc.

"Proper burnout" what a hell is that? :lol:

When it's considered to be not proper? :unsure:

You can alter, but it takes time, and you have to do it before race. And if something goes wrong, you can't just lower your gear.. Besides.. it's still an auto tranny... it breakes.. :lol: Manual breakes too, but its not that sensitive for oil shortage (if you have an oil leak or something) or increased power. And you actually can change your gear ratios in manual. You only need to change diameter of a single gear that is responsible for changing torque for certain gear. I'm not saying that's something you can do at home or it's cheap, but it's much easier than changing entire planetary gear system of an auto tranny.