2ZZ-GE ECU

takumi

Hi there ...

After much discussion with various tuners here in South Africa the major problem encountered on our 2ZZ-GE's is the fact that fuelling is out considerably !!! They all basically gurantee at 7kW at the wheels increase with some claiming increases of up to 18 % over stock in some instances !!

We basically have three options available other than going stand alone -

1. Dastek Unichip

2. Perfect Power SMT-6

3. RAM Mapping

Each person says that their system is the best and works on the 2ZZ-GE, but when i ask for references and dyno's to back up claims it all goes quiet.

So basically i love my car and don't want to do the wrong thing.

Guys could you please help me with advice - I would appreciate before and after dyno's to. What are the trends in Japan in this regard - From what i have seen they favour the Apexi Power AFC II, TRUST E-Manange, but i can't seem to find any concrete on our cars specific.

Also what octane fuel do you guys use ?

Have any of you tried Octane Boosters ? Do They work ??

You can even e-mail me directly tparker@oldmutual.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated

in the UK, the octaines are 95 or 98 RON, I know the US have a slightly different measurement system.

The problem with Japanese imports is that japan have a 100RON fuel for their high performance engines.

Now some Octaine boosters do work, not as well as claimed, but it may help your problem, but it will be an expensive fix!

Now, the Greddy emanage etc, are used to control the fuelling, however, these are used for highly modified engines, when you require a fine degree of control over the engine to make the most of substantial modifications.

In the case of a car suffering from underfuelling problems, a simple re-map of the existing ECU should work, and failing that, a Dastek Unichip should be a cheap Piggy-Back solution - even if still overkill..

In the case of a car suffering from underfuelling problems, a simple re-map of the existing ECU should work, and failing that, a Dastek Unichip should be a cheap Piggy-Back solution - even if still overkill..

You mention remapping ??

I have seen a couple of posts around the place talking about doing this for the stock 2zz-ge ecu I have even talked to a few guys in poland who have apparently done it.

Can anyone shine some light onto this at all??? ie what is needed hardware/software wise etc so that we can look further into this!?