"06 Camry: Top speed?

Naz

I know that the "06 has a governer set to 120MPH, but I was wondering if anyone tried to remove it and see how fast it could really go. 268HP 3.5L VVTi 6speed, i'd imagine a pretty respectable top speed. Heck my old 98 with 2.2L I4 135HP VVT 4speed does 120 lol.

I imagine with that motor, the nice low coefficient of drag (.28, I think...lower than my Supra!!), and with the addition of some decent speed rated tires, it should be able to hit close to 150.

There's a thing called a "fuel cut defencer" that a lot of Supra guys use to bypass the speed limiter: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=683&rsku=5268

It's only for turbo-charged cars, but there might be something similar for naturally aspirated vehicles.

I know that the "06 has a governer set to 120MPH, but I was wondering if anyone tried to remove it and see how fast it could really go. 268HP 3.5L VVTi 6speed, i'd imagine a pretty respectable top speed. Heck my old 98 with 2.2L I4 135HP VVT 4speed does 120 lol.

There is a pretty good website for aftermarket hotrod stuff for Toyota. I recently saw they had some type of sensor modifier which turns off the speed limiter. You just wire it into the electronics and its done. You can also turn off the sensor for your cat converter, and thereby rip it out too, and not have that annoying light come on, on your dash. I finally just got rid of the pesky Check Engine light altogether so I would not be reminded about the missing or altered emission controls on my 4 cars. Lol.

Not sure how fast you wanna go, but I also can refer you to a really good orthopedic surgeon. He did a great job rebuilding my femur (twice).

The website is www.urdusa.com Try checking out their electronics for the speed limit eliminator. Happy speeding !

post-612-1188832598_thumb.jpg