79 Corona

89corolla

Hi, I'm planning to replace the factory AM/FM stereo and two front speaker with new AM/FM/CD/SAT/MP3 system with four speakers. The car is prewired for four speakers. There are two 4" speakers in the frong kick panels and provisions for 5x7's in the rear deck. I have to cut the holes in the deck cover though. I've been looking at a Pioneer or a Kenwood. Speaker brands I'm not sure, I've looked a bunch and they all seem to have something wrong with them in someone's review. My budget is about $250 for the system, give or take. So I'm not looking to put in a 3000 watts hip-hop dream system. This is an old car and I'll add some options like iPod adapter and maybe XM satellite. I figure about $120-140 for head unit and maybe up to $40 for front speakers and $80 for rear. I'll likely put baffles under rear speakers and maybe fronts if room permits. The fronts will have to be slimline or shallow types.

Any thoughts?