Camry 2007

BlueICE

Hi all,

Please share your views and experience with the 07 model. I heard its a great car but has problems with the tranny.

I just got my XLE last week... and so far so good. Thinking of swaping the 16' wheels to a 17' or maybe 18' though.

From what I understand, there aren't any real mechanical problems with the transmissions...just slightly rough shifts.

Beautiful car though...congratulations! I'd move up to at least a 17" myself; just make sure you keep the same diameter tire. Also, if you have tire pressure monitors, make sure you get wheels that are compatible with the sensors or you're going to have an annoying little light on in your dash forever.

Leighcm, Thanks for the advice

So far the transmission is very smooth for my car. Hopefully it won't get worst.

As for upgrading to 17's, I wander if the ride will be much more bumpier?? I can't really compare because I have never use 17's.

You're not going to lose much ride quality until you move up to a 19 or more. You'll still have plenty of sidewall on a 17'. Some of the ride quality depends on your tire type too...don't forget about that.

You're not going to lose much ride quality until you move up to a 19 or more. You'll still have plenty of sidewall on a 17'. Some of the ride quality depends on your tire type too...don't forget about that.

I am looking at Goodyear Assurance ComfortTred or Respondedge. Any comments on this 2 tire? According to the ratings from Tirerack.com, both tire has high ratings interms of comfort and noise. Don't know reliable are the ratings.

Sorry...I don't have any idea on which are good for ride comfort. I only look at tires for their performance & handling qualities....

I believe the ratings on DiscountTire.com, DiscountTireDirect.com, and TireRack.com are pretty reliable.

Thanks for all the help. I have decided to go for the 17' with the Goodyear Responedge (a VR rating) tire. This tire will give me preformance, comfort and quietness. (if there is such thing)

Leighcm,

Have you done any modification to you ride??

Not much modification on the GS yet...just some minor nav reprogramming, stickier tires, tint, XM... I don't know how long I'll keep it because I have a tendency to change cars every year or two so I'm not making many upgrades. The bike's been lowered; the Porsche has been lowered, with wheels, spoiler, and tint.

It's more of an addiction actually...I find myself looking at cars again about every 8 months or so, and I've been very fortunate in being able to sell all my cars and not take too much of a loss on them, so that is definitely helpful. (The new IS-F is coming around the first of the year...anybody want to buy a GS350? :D )

I've forgotten which brand of tint is on my GS, but I do remember it's a carbon tint. A lot of tints are metallic based tints, and can interfere with navigation, which would be tremendously annoying. The carbon tints also won't turn purple like some of the cheap tints will after a few years.

It seems to me that SolarGuard may have been the brand I used on my old Camry, and it worked out just fine. When you're deciding on how much to spend on tint, I guess it just depends on how long you're going to keep the car, and if you have navigation or not. Just make sure you find a good installer, and check the laws in your state to find out what level of tint is legal.

The GS350 is a very nice car but, way above my budget.

Thanks for informing me about the tint. I didn't know that it will disrupt the Navigation. I hope the installer are well verse with their product, because I really hate for it to interfere with my Nav.