Clutch Problems

YoungAtHeart

After teaching my two high school boys how to drive our 98 gt stick, the clutch is now slipping. I am looking to do the repair myself, but have never worked on a toyota before. What am I facing by doing the job myself: special tools, supports, etc?

HELP :unsure:

• 2 months later...

You will need to take out the transmission, remove the pressure plate from flywheel and put a new clutch disc. And maybe you have to change the pressure plate to. It depends on how bad it is. Bu I think it could be enought to change the disc.

If you dont have any skills or you dont even know what's under your hood you better leave it to the mechanics. It's not easy to remove tranny if you dont have a garage and tools.

• 5 years later...

just get a stage 4 clutch and yes if you dont know what your doing dont screw with it take it to a professional but stage 4's were designed not to slip lol tricky to get used to but once u do there fun and grab right away my 1990 Corrado G60 had a stage 4 lol and it was tricky to learn but once i did driving any car was easy lol i now drive a 02 celica gt with a stage 2 clutch