Camry loosing oil

howardms

Hey all, have a problem with my car loosing substantial amounts of oil. Twice in the last few months I've had to put two quarts of oil in the engine for it to show up on the dip sick.  There are no noticeable oil drops, puddles, leaks on the engine and no smoke indicating that it is being burned. Anyone ever had this issue before and where could all that oil be disappearing to? Thanks for any help cause I'm stuck on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a known problem with the 2007-2011 model years. If you go onto car complaints.com, you'll find more information there. I think I read somewhere that instead of doing a recall, they extended people's warranties. On Toyotaproblems.com, it states:

On August 11, 2011, Toyota issued a technical service bulletin (TSB)[1] to dealerships which says:

“Some 2006 – 2011 model year vehicles equipped with the 2AZ-FE engine may exhibit engine oil consumption. The piston assembly has been changed to minimize oil consumption.” And that “P030# (cylinder # misfire detected) DTC may also be set as a result of oil consumption.”

I just bought a 2014 Camry XLE and did a lot of research prior to purchasing it.