Bought key fob but not sure my car has keyless system

jennielee71

So I bought this 2002 Camry LE at the beginning of the year.  I only received 2 keys but not any FOB (seems to be the M.O from all I've read online).  I went and purchased a FOB online that is supposed to work with my year car.  The instructions seem crazy, open door several times, insert and remove key several times, open door yet again etc.  Everything but touch your nose.  But I can't get it to program.  I've watched YouTube videos and they all are the same as the instructions I have.  I do have power locks, so I assumed it would also be able to do keyless entry.  Is there any other way I can tell if I just wasted my money? What can I look for? I would prefer the ability to remotely lock and unlock my doors as necessary.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If there is any info on how I can find out, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.  I feel like I'm going in circles with the same info coming up but it's getting me no where. I do appreciate the help ya'll. Thank you.