2005 Corolla mods?

CorollaDude

I am kind of new to the tuner world and would like some advice as to the first or basic mods that should be done for better performance and handling.

Some of the things I was thinking of were a CAI and exhuast... What brands work best?

How about a Strut Tower Brace... Any advice on a quality one would help.

Also some new rims and rubber... Maybe 18 rims with good sport tires.

What are your favorites?

well, if your looking for performance, well, it comes down to budget...

a performance exhaust system is always a good start, and you can couple that with an induction kit.

Then you might want to consider a piggy-back ECU - just to maximise the effect of the mods by controlling the air and fuelling...

Of course, the best way forward is a supercharger. TTE (toyota Team Europe) have one available, and will increase the power to around 225bhp...

For handling, lowering springs and struct braces will help lots, and make it feel much stiffer and more stable, but for maximum handling, go for coilovers...

hoep this helps...

• 1 month later...

Not sure about the other mods since all I've done so far is change to a set of 18" MSR rims. I have 205/45 Toyo Proxies on there and I can't believe the difference in handling just from this 1 change. It feels like almost all body roll has been eliminated.

My next step is to get some lowering springs but im not sure what to get. Go with the TRD, Tein, Eibach, etc... I don't want to stiffen up the ride cuz i like the way it feels now, i just wanna make the 18" wheels look nicer in the wheel wells. Any suggestions here are appreciated.

Not sure about the other mods since all I've done so far is change to a set of 18" MSR rims. I have 205/45 Toyo Proxies on there and I can't believe the difference in handling just from this 1 change. It feels like almost all body roll has been eliminated.

My next step is to get some lowering springs but im not sure what to get. Go with the TRD, Tein, Eibach, etc... I don't want to stiffen up the ride cuz i like the way it feels now, i just wanna make the 18" wheels look nicer in the wheel wells. Any suggestions here are appreciated.

I'd be careful about lowering the car because you've already put on bigger, wider wheels. If you lower the car, there will probably be some rubbing/contact problems through corners and over bumps.

• 1 month later...

I already looked into rubbing issues and from the information i gathered the tire size and rim combo allowed for enough space so there wouldn't be any rubbing. This is taking into account a 1.5" drop. I'm just lost on the brand of springs to get. As i mentioned, i don't wanna loose the ride comfort i currently enjoy and the handling is already really nice (no sidewall on tires =)). I just want the wheel to fit nicer into the wheel well so it doesn't look like a truck anymore.

I already looked into rubbing issues and from the information i gathered the tire size and rim combo allowed for enough space so there wouldn't be any rubbing. This is taking into account a 1.5" drop. I'm just lost on the brand of springs to get. As i mentioned, i don't wanna loose the ride comfort i currently enjoy and the handling is already really nice (no sidewall on tires =)). I just want the wheel to fit nicer into the wheel well so it doesn't look like a truck anymore.

Eibachs are decent, and not badly priced.