Up grade headlight bulb

woody127

Hey guys;

Now after installing fog lamp kit(a little hairy) but got it done. Now I'm looking into upgrading my headlights. Since we have auto on I didn't want to mess with HID, since it calls for adding resistors to the system and I don't want to mess up the car. Any way just looking to change out bulbs and after looking on "E-bay" I'm truly confused as to what bulbs to use. Any help please.

• 1 month later...

If you are putting led bulbs in your headlight, you will need resistors. HID kits are a simple install and everything is included in the kit. I have 6000k ddm tuning hid kits on my headlights and fog lights (2009 Camry). Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My car is a 2011 Camry SE. The first owner installed Xenon headlight bulbs (and the ballasts needed to power them). Basically, each ballast mounts on the engine compartment wall near the headlight. The original headlight power plug goes into the ballast, and out of the ballast is a special connector which mates with the new bulb. Each bulb requires its own ballast.

I suggest you buy the bulbs and ballasts together to be sure they are a matched set.

BUT: I've had some trouble with connectors breaking down in this system, and now one bulb burned out. If I were doing it all over again, I think I would stay with standard Halogen headlights. Less troublesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Mornign:

I have a 2012 Camry XLE and I upgraded both the headlights and fog lights to Sylvania ZXE bulbs.

They are snow white, compared to the original ones.

Even the daytime driving lights look bright, instead of very yellow, during daytime driving.

I realy think hou will like the nice bright snow white look, especially when there is snow on the ground!

George in Michigan