Master Cylinder/Booster question about 1978 Celica

jaj63207

This is probably a strange request but I need some advice. I own a 1969 Saab 96 V4 with a bad Lockheed master cylinder. The only made this m/c for two years and new or rebuilt are NOT available. the two very knowledgeabe Saab guys I have talked to say they don't even try to rebuild them because of a circlip about two inches inside the cylinder. From looking a the online catalogs I found the 1978 Celica has a 13/16" piston and two outlets and designed for front disks and rear drums that I have. My car also has a power brake booster. The diagrams I have seen show some gaskets between the booster and the firewall. I can't tell about between the m/c and booster. Anyone know if I should be able to fabricate these gaskets? I will need to fabricate two brake lines and the linkage between the brake pedal and the booster but i don't anticipate any problem with those two issues. Just looking for opinions on whether this is do-able. Also if the mounting bolts for the booster do not match my existing holes, I will make a template and drill new holes.

What do you think?

Jimmy

Port St Lucie, FL