1998 camry 4 cycl 2.2L

yawgmothaz

1998 camry 4 cycl 2.2L auto trans. 188xxx miles

So this problem seems to only happen in the summer. i got this car a year ago kinda had to rush to buy something so its not the best. last summer it did the same thing i thought it was the cooling system on the car i did find out the raditor had a 3 inch crack in it go figure. so i replaced it.

now here is the problem at cold start the car is fine idols around 1000 rpm and doesn't seem rough.

When it gets up to temp the follow things happen.

the car get rough as in shaking like a motor mount is broken.

rpm drops to about 650-700 with ac full blast and without it on.

at stops it hits about 800 while slowing and then when stopping and standing it slowly goes back to 700-650 or what it does is that when stopping the rpm will just drop off and the engine will try to stall.

when sitting at lights the rpm drops and all of a sudden the engine will start to stall like its being flooded it usally just chokes then evens out but sometimes it stalls.

When driving sometimes it doesn't want to shift into the next gear and i have to put some gas on to get the rpms up for it to shift. when coming from a stop to a green light change sometimes it sounds like im in over drive but the rpms want to stay around 2000 and it feels very week.

The temp gauge is normal range when all of this happens and when it does stall and a engine light comes on it doesn't show a code just to add to all the pain.

Here is what i've done with this car so far

New spark plugs

New fuel filter

New air filter
New tires

New fuel pump

New spark wires

New radiator

New front motor mount

New rotors on front

New expanison tank

New engine coolant temp sensor.

New pvc valve

New transmission filter

Transmission fluid flush

Here are somethings i've done to try to get this problem to go away

Cleaned the throttle body improved a little but went back to it.

the EGR valve seems to be fine.

I'd rather not say what i think it is just to hear what you guys think of what it could be

Also i had a crash with the car replaced my tires and my fuel gauge is fudged but i track it by miles anyways.