buying a second-hand Corolla?

artiste1212

Hi, I'm looking to buy a second-hand Corolla. I'm looking for something about 5-10 years old and want to spend around $5000 or less. What kinds of things should I look for? Are there any particular model years I should look for or avoid? Any potential problems or issues I should think about?

For a car this old (and any used car in fact) the most important thing are the service records. If the owner has them it is a real plus. You can see how the car was cared for and what issues it had. My daughter had a Corolla and had issues with water leakage around the rear tail lights into the trunk, also a wheel bearing went after about 100K miles. Also, the rubber seal around the moon roof cracked and leaked. Make sure that the fluids were changed at the proper intervals. That is probably the most important issue. Make sure it LOOKS cared for. Better to buy a car from an older gentleman that has owned it since new.

• Like 1