Diagnosis codes

Jwcl

• 1 month later...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a 1995 Camery V-6 and I can access the OBD port behind the pull out coin tray on the left side of the dash (it looks like an ashtray). Remove the coin tray and there is a fuse block and next to that is the OBD2 port. On older cars you can use the port under the hood to get the check engine light to blink.

• 2 months later...

Ok guys, I be back.....

I bought and Vgate 890 scanner on ebay and it works normally, configure it to my use and try to scan my 1995 toyota Camry V6.

The problem is, I ask ahead if my car is or not OBDII compliant, nothing on car say me if yes or not, so I make some researches about:

Acoording this site below My toyota Camry 1995 is totally OBDII compliant:

http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

I take a picture from under engine hood to see the exacly engine type ans it says STY3.0VJGFEK:

flJle73.jpg

The problems cames up when I choose the automatic scan, the protocol used by my car is SAE J1850 VPW but it pass by the option saying that fails.

I try to find out about the connector, he have 2 pinage a bit more longer as the others, I really dont know if this are normal or not, my old scanner for my A4 1996 was different the pinage, was all same longer, any ideia if that is correct or must I change the same?

muOOinR.jpg

6tKaa6t.jpg

My car have this pinage on car connector:

sg81PQf.jpg

Pinage order 2,4,5 and 16 and again, like the site I show ahead, this pinage order gives me SAE J1850 VPW

The Connector

connectorblue.GIF

Pin 2 - J1850 Bus+
Pin 4 - Chassis Ground
Pin 5 - Signal Ground
Pin 6 - CAN High (J-2284)
Pin 7 - ISO 9141-2 K Line
Pin 10 - J1850 Bus
Pin 14 - CAN Low (J-2284)
Pin 15 - ISO 9141-2
L Line

Pin 16 - Battery Power

If someone can help me decide what to do I appreciate....

Regards