1 reply to this topic

#1 DLHudson

DLHudson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Model:1996 Camry

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

I have a '96 Camry Collector's Edition with the gold exterior lettering. Unfortunately, the "Camry" lettering across the back of the car, between the tailights, has fallen off, one letter at a time. One of them was gone when I got the car, and the others have subsequently come loose. I noticed another about to fall off today, so I finished the job and pulled it off. I then checked the others, and they were in similar condition and very loose, so I pulled them off as well. Does anyone know of a source where I can get new ones? I've got 3 or 4 of the ones that were on there, but the letters themselves separated from the adhesive backing, and the finish is pretty well worn on them. I guess I could glue them back on their backings, but I don't have all of them, plus new ones would look a lot better. Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Leighcm

Leighcm

Toyota Guru

• Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • Model:2008 GS350 AWD

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have a '96 Camry Collector's Edition with the gold exterior lettering. Unfortunately, the "Camry" lettering across the back of the car, between the tailights, has fallen off, one letter at a time. One of them was gone when I got the car, and the others have subsequently come loose. I noticed another about to fall off today, so I finished the job and pulled it off. I then checked the others, and they were in similar condition and very loose, so I pulled them off as well. Does anyone know of a source where I can get new ones? I've got 3 or 4 of the ones that were on there, but the letters themselves separated from the adhesive backing, and the finish is pretty well worn on them. I guess I could glue them back on their backings, but I don't have all of them, plus new ones would look a lot better. Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

I can tell you that it's probably not sold by the letter...it's probably one part through Toyota, and may be even one kit for the whole car because that was a pretty rare care. You could possibly still order it from a Toyota dealer, shouldn't be too expensive.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users