Tires

Leighcm

Looks like I'm finally due for a set of tires for the GS350. I could use a few opinions on the new ones. I'm looking for something very quiet, but still sticky with great performance.

The front runner right now is this one:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

245/40ZR-18 93Y

mmihz4.ang.jpg

mmihz4.trd.jpg

mmihz4.shd.jpg

• 6 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

stick with the Michelin's. ;)

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do...I haven't driven much in the last few months, just back and forth to work, so I'm putting off that $1100 or so purchase as long as possible, but I'll need them soon.

• 8 months later...

If you haven't replaced them yet, look into the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Consumer Reports place this tire in the top 3, along with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, and the Hankook Ventus EVO K12. I'm either replacing the stock Toyo's on my Camry with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 or the DWS. Hope the information helps.

Just did it a couple days ago actually...got Michelin Pilot PS2s. Seem good so far, but I've only put about 20 miles on the car. I did consider the Conti's, but was told by several sources the Michelins were a bit better.

Normally Continentals are good tires.

I am not sure why but they wear out way too quickly on the 2003-2008 Matrix and from my 1st hand experience as well as other Matrix drivers who also had Continental tires - OEM from the dealership - they would barely get 15k miles before needing to be replaced.

Great decision on the Michelins.

• Like 1

Thanks...they seem pretty good. Tried to slide the car around a corner, they stuck better than expected. Since it appears I'll be driving this car for awhile, had to buy the tires, darn it. I did get 26k out of the factory originals, which I thought was pretty good, especially considering my driving style (racetrack, treating the drive to work like a racetrack, etc.).

Sure wish Lexus would hurry up and get this new GS out. Heard it's been delayed until 2013 model year now. I did go test drive an M6 the other day, really liked it for the most part, but scared of German car repair levels (just don't have time to deal with a broken car).

• 8 months later...

hi,

Acquired this kind of happen to us this past year. I accidentaly struck a new bicyclist who had previously been using the wrong manner in the motorcycle side of the road. Fortunately this individual had not been damage and also the merely injury was their front fatigue. Unfortunately this individual was not a good person. In quite quick purchase he is ranting fully as well as slamming my personal cover as i just were standing there viewing your pet, questioning in the event that he might wind down and we all may handle the situation similar to reasonable individuals. Zero, he determines in order to business exhaust regarding exhaust, drags a cutlery as well as cuts my personal tire. We are talking about a good sized light vehicle exhaust by using an Vehicle.

It hits hard along with should go smooth which has a whoosh regarding atmosphere, simply no crop up, absolutely no growing market, not very much hazard and absolutely nothing melodramatic since the automobile kitchen sinks several inches wide.

I recommend the particular chef's knife end up being brief, strong and extremely well-defined to get in the rubberized. There isn't conduit in a modern day car wheel nevertheless the sidewall is difficult and often tough with levels abs cord. Maybe get a used wheel coming from a junkyard as well as tire store you are able to apply on very first. I might additionally advise that the actual professional carrying out the particular changing be wearing some awesome hues or some different to guard his or her eyes against any debris that might taken all around in the air. Make certain the vehicle can be with a level floor so it won't rotate as well as do anything much more harmful in which select an appartment tire.

• 3 years later...

Normally Continentals are good tires.

I am not sure why but they wear out way too quickly on the 2003-2008 Matrix and from my 1st hand experience as well as other Matrix drivers who also had Continental tires - OEM from the dealership - they would barely get 15k miles before needing to be replaced.

Great decision on the Michelins.

I've tried Continental tires too. they're pretty good

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...