Avalon Bluetooth

hamop

Trying to pair my 2009 Avalon BT to a cell phone with a FIXED code. Voice instructions on Avalon BT setup asks me to enter a specific code into my cell phone. Manual talks about changing passkey code but I can't seem to get past the initial pairing setup section

Are you trying to do this while driving or stopped? If you're stopped, a code will come up on the screen in the Avalon, something with four numbers, like 1111 or 1212.

Doing this stopped. Code does come up but no way to enter in cell phone with fixed code. Although manual shows how to change the code in Avalon it requires that you first register the phone which is where my problem lies since pairing is part of the registration process. Using a pre paid phone via Tracfone that supports BT (MOT W376g)

Doing this stopped. Code does come up but no way to enter in cell phone with fixed code. Although manual shows how to change the code in Avalon it requires that you first register the phone which is where my problem lies since pairing is part of the registration process. Using a pre paid phone via Tracfone that supports BT (MOT W376g)

Have you tried to call Tracfone support to find out what your phone's code is? Then change the Avalon to the same code...that may work.

Have you tried to call Tracfone support to find out what your phone's code is? Then change the Avalon to the same code...that may work.

I know what the cell phone code is. The problem is with the Avalon......system will not let me change the code unless I have first registered the cell phone which requires that I input the specified Avalon code.......In other words, the Avalon system will only allow you to change a code after being set up properly to begin with. This obviously makes no sense to me but that's the way the system appears to work. I have contacted Toyota and for three days their supposed tech expert has been trying to figure out what to do with no success. The bottom line is that Toyota has failed to address the pre-paid cell phone market which, in many cases, uses fixed codes. Thanks for your suggestions but I'll probably give up the idea of using my Tracfone in the Toyota Hands Free environment unless their tech comes up with a miracle solution.

I know what the cell phone code is. The problem is with the Avalon......system will not let me change the code unless I have first registered the cell phone which requires that I input the specified Avalon code.......In other words, the Avalon system will only allow you to change a code after being set up properly to begin with. This obviously makes no sense to me but that's the way the system appears to work. I have contacted Toyota and for three days their supposed tech expert has been trying to figure out what to do with no success. The bottom line is that Toyota has failed to address the pre-paid cell phone market which, in many cases, uses fixed codes. Thanks for your suggestions but I'll probably give up the idea of using my Tracfone in the Toyota Hands Free environment unless their tech comes up with a miracle solution.

THERE IS A WAY !

Borrow a cell phone that does allow a code to be entered. Follow Avalon pairing instructions and register that phone. Then, follow Avalon instructions for changing the code and set to "0000". Turn off the borrowed phone and activate Tracfone Bluetooth. Avalon will then pair with Tracfone. A bit awkward but it does work and until either Toyota or Tracfone changes how they do things, only way I have found that works

• 7 months later...

Trying to pair my 2009 Avalon BT to a cell phone with a FIXED code. Voice instructions on Avalon BT setup asks me to enter a specific code into my cell phone. Manual talks about changing passkey code but I can't seem to get past the initial pairing setup section

I have a 2010 Camery, to change the code you say, setup - phone setup - set passkey. it will ask for the number and I set it to 0000. It worked with my W367g Tracfone.