Fan Problem

BrianMtl

Hello - I have a Toyota 2000 Corolla. Not surprisingly I have not had many problems with it. However, this morning on my way to brunch I noticed that the fan only operates on the top two speeds - the lower speeds are not working. The friend I was with suggested it might be a blown fuse - the clever folks at Toyota having put the lower speeds on one fuse and the top two on another, to ensure that if one fuse blows you still have some fan speeds left. Is this possible? If not, does anyone have any ideas as to why only the top two speeds are working? Thanks in advance ...

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about the fuse situation (ask the dealer) but I know that there is a resistor near the glove box that is probably the problem. The way it works is - there are resistors that limit the electrical current to slow the fan down. I understand that this is fairly easy to repair and inexpensive. In fact I have to do this same thing on my 2000 Camry.

• 5 years later...