K & N Air system

cstayton

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, I must update my previous answer. I began my journey looking to upgrade my system & truck performance. It finally has come to an end & I couldn't be happier. However the journey was a bit enlightening not to mention costly. I added the TRD intake, then exhaust, & plugs. It felt like something was missing it sounded good at certain RPM & had good performance but what about the other 60 -70% of the time. Not happy! After some investigation I found that the factory Engine Control Unit (ECU) doesn't automatically adjust to these modifications. In essence, my engine was struggling. I finally added the X-One unit, some Doug Thorley LT headers & threw on a 6" lift & 17" rims. I now have the truck of my dreams! But, I think it only fair to tell whoever is thinking about adding some of these features to count the cost. I read numerous blogs & forums about intakes, exhaust, etc. No one told it like it was. Well...now you know. Good luck on your journey!!!

post-4989-127674078075_thumb.jpg

post-4989-127674083213_thumb.jpg

OK, I must update my previous answer. I began my journey looking to upgrade my system & truck performance. It finally has come to an end & I couldn't be happier. However the journey was a bit enlightening not to mention costly. I added the TRD intake, then exhaust, & plugs. It felt like something was missing it sounded good at certain RPM & had good performance but what about the other 60 -70% of the time. Not happy! After some investigation I found that the factory Engine Control Unit (ECU) doesn't automatically adjust to these modifications. In essence, my engine was struggling. I finally added the X-One unit, some Doug Thorley LT headers & threw on a 6" lift & 17" rims. I now have the truck of my dreams! But, I think it only fair to tell whoever is thinking about adding some of these features to count the cost. I read numerous blogs & forums about intakes, exhaust, etc. No one told it like it was. Well...now you know. Good luck on your journey!!!

Good looking truck!