• 5efhe
    • 4efte
    • 4agze 16V
    • 4age 16V
    • 4age 20V
    • 3sgte
    • 1nzfe
    • Some other Toyota engine

I personally think the 1nzfe is the future for these cars. It is light weight, has aftermarket support, is cleaner burning, is becoming easier and cheaper to find, and is very similar in layout to the current options. I have done the common swaps and builds for these cars and will be trying the 1nzfe swap next. Don't worry, I will also be building a 4efte DIS for my 96 Paseo and using my 5efhe in my 92 Paseo for a yet to be purchased 91-94 Tercel DX coupe. Let me know your thoughts.

As a previous owner of two MKIII Supras I think that would be fun, but I'm all about bang for the buck now. I believe in keeping it simple and light. Get the most HP and MPG that you can. It's a balance. Too much HP and you suffer at the pump. Too much MPG and the car isn't fun to drive. Heck, my dream project car is a 6speed IS with a 3sge BEAMS swapped in it instead of the straight six. Realistically though, I will probably end up with a ST185 or a SW20 after I complete all my EL chassis endeavors.

As a previous owner of two MKIII Supras I think that would be fun, but I'm all about bang for the buck now. I believe in keeping it simple and light. Get the most HP and MPG that you can. It's a balance. Too much HP and you suffer at the pump. Too much MPG and the car isn't fun to drive. Heck, my dream project car is a 6speed IS with a 3sge BEAMS swapped in it instead of the straight six. Realistically though, I will probably end up with a ST185 or a SW20 after I complete all my EL chassis endeavors.

Gar mileage has never been a major concern for me...I drive less than 10k per year so it's not that expensive. I would, however, like that 10k to pass in the most enjoyable possible way, so I'm barely averaging 20mpg combined in my GS, courtesy of a heavy foot...

I wouldn't mind having one of those old SC's that people are putting Supra motors into. I had one that I was thinking about doing the engine swap with, but didn't get around to it before I sold the car. I pretty much love all Toyota 6 cylinder engines...never been a major fan of the four cylinders, just not enough torque for me. The IS project sounds pretty sweet though.

I've considered the new Lotus with the Toyota motor, but haven't had a chance to test drive one yet. That should be an ideal combo of power and weight. On that subject...have you seen the Tesla? There's a great gas mileage hotrod!

I have a background in electronics and automotive, so I love the Tesla Roadster. I can't wait until they figure out how to make it more affordable. As for torque in a 4 cylinder? That is what proper turbo sizing combined with a higher compression fixes. It is all in the tuning.